Faith in Action Annual Process
1) LISTENING PROCESS
- Listening Process: each Covenant Congregation will listen to its worshiping community, those whom it serves, and others whom the congregation engages in ministry.
- Congregation’s Faith in Action team will identify the central community issues it feels are most important and workable.
Community Issues Assembly
- Each Covenant Congregation’s 2 Representatives are present.
- Issues are nominated and voted upon to select Faith in Action’s one to two issue(s) for the year.
2) RESEARCH, SOLUTION BUILDING
A smaller team, comprised of members from congregations and associated groups, researches the selected problem. The Issues Committee will facilitate this work. The team will consider various options while working with key decision-makers in the community to propose a workable solution.
3) ACTION ASSEMBLY
Over 1,000 people of faith gather with public decision-makers to publicly secure commitment to reasonable actions that move our community toward justice.
4) CELEBRATION AND FOLLOW THROUGH
- We celebrate what has been achieved over the past year.
- The Issues Committee presents their evaluation of the action, assessing how the proposed solution did (or did not), in fact, establish a more just outcome.
- Over time, we hold our public leaders and institutions accountable to their commitments.
NEW LISTENING PROCESS BEGINS
At the next Community Issues Assembly:
- We will select the coming year’s issue(s), following the same process.
Then the process repeats next year…